top of page

Football Tournament

Full Match Report:

It was a blustery day for a football tournament, but after the rain cleared the teams escaped school for the day with Miss Frampton and Mrs Wilson. T

The tournament was at Budmouth and it was an important competition as the winners went through the county finals. T

he Girls team was captained by Faith Gough, and was made up of Year 3s Sophie Adams and Scarlett Paul, Year 4s Olivia Evans and Phoebe Dolbear and Year 6s Megan Coleman, Brooke Hepburn, Lucetta Riley and Kayleigh Phillpott.

The first game was against Bincombe Valley, for most of the game Conifers dominated, having shot after shot on goal with no reward. On the break, Bincombe got a goal, which spurred the team onto quickly score an equaliser, with Sophie taking the credit. Unfortunately, the second game was cancelled as IPACA couldn’t field a team.

Our next opponents were Holy Trinity. This was a tightly contested affair, as both teams had some good attempts on goal. However, Brooke Hepburn opened the score with a fantastic strike. Holy Trinity, then went on to score 2 quick goals. But this did not phase conifers as Megan Coleman stormed down the wing netting the equaliser to make it 2-2. Excitement grew on the sideline, as Miss Frampton screamed for a winner! Scarlett Paul managed to find the ball and put it in the back of the net to put the score to 3-2. With the windy conditions, worsening, Holy Trinity scored again and the final whistle followed soon after that. The final score 3-3.

Our final match was against Radipole, the girls put in a tremendous effort against a well organised side. Some of our younger players outshining the year 6s on the opposition. However, we lost the game, meaning we did not progress to the final.

The boys team was captained by Brodie Hepburn, and was made up of Year 4s Corey Vanstone, Daniel Heath and Tommy Dalton, Year 5s Kaylem Cockings, Riley Glover and Kristian McCann, and Year 6s Louie Paul, Alton Morris and Hayden Brookes.

The first game was against St Nicks, the windy conditions were in Confiers favour, which mean we had lots of attempts on goal. Kaylem Cockings got his name on the scoresheet first, with Alton following suit a few minutes later. This mean the first game was won 2-0.

St Osmunds faced us in the second round of matches, and they were a fantastic side. However, some of us kept fighting to the end, despite losing 5.0

In the next game, we faced Radipole and like the girls side they were organised and had many good players. Despite putting in a fantsic defensive effort, we lost 7-0.

In the final game, we faced Southill. This was a tightly contested affair and both teams had some good attempts. After conceding a goal, Alton Morris beat his defender and scored an excellent goal, making the final score 1-1.

This was not good enough to make sure we progressed to the semi-finals, but we all had a fantastic day of football. We would all like to thank Miss Frampton and Mrs Wilson for taking us.


Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
bottom of page